Congratulations on being accepted to Carson-Newman!
Follow the steps below to receive a Financial Aid Offer and to complete your enrollment here at C-N.
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
This will allow you to receive a financial aid package detailing your specific scholarship, grant and loan opportunities. Carson-Newman's FAFSA code is: 003481
2. Submit your $200 enrollment deposit.
This amount confirms that you plan to attend Carson-Newman. Pay your deposit through our application portal. It will be applied toward your tuition and your orientation expense.
3. Submit your immunization record.
All incoming students are required to use Med+Proctor to submit medical/immunization records. Visit medproctor.com and click "register" to start a new account. Type in your Carson-Newman email address to get started and follow the directions to create a new account. Fill out any required personal, medical or insurance information. Download the required forms and follow the directions provided. Once you have obtained copies of the required medical/immunization records, log back in to your Med+Proctor account. Upload a copy of your forms. You will receive an email confirmation once the forms have been reviewed.
3. Set up your On-Campus Housing.
The Carson-Newman Housing Portal can be used to apply for housing, select your roommate, choose your room, and manage your housing placement.
Orientation can be your exciting, engaging, and one-of-a-kind experiences that allows you to leap into campus life at Carson-Newman University. This experience gives you the opportunity to meet new friends and get involved on campus. Our Orientation Leaders are equipped with the knowledge to tackle any questions you may have. Incoming Freshman and Transfer Students are encouraged to participate in this uniquely Carson-Newman experience.
To view the Parent and Student Orientation schedules, please visit the Carson-Newman App under New Student Orientation. To download the app, visit your iOS or Google Play app store.
Foreign Language Placement Exam
DO YOU NEED TO TAKE THE CARSON-NEWMAN PLACEMENT EXAM in Spanish, French or German?
Here’s what you need to know...
- All students planning to receive a Bachelor of Arts from Carson-Newman University are required to complete 6 hours of French, German, Spanish, Greek or Hebrew at the beginning (100) or intermediate (200) level (depending on their major). They can meet this requirement by enrolling in up to four semesters of language (101,102, 201, and 202) or by “skipping courses” by taking the placement exam.
- All Bachelor of Science Business majors are now required to complete 3 semester hours of foreign language or test at the 102-level proficiency.
- Students who intend to continue studying a language that they studied in high school must take the Foreign Language placement exam to determine their proper placement in language courses. Transfer students who have not completed any college level foreign language course are required to take the placement exam as well.
- The Foreign Language placement exam is an online exam that will cost $10. You may take the exam at any time. You will not be able to register for a foreign language course until you have taken the exam.
In order to take the exam, click on the link for the appropriate language:
Once you create an account and pay for the exam, you will be taken to the placement exam.
IMPORTANT: Upon completion of the online exam, current Carson-Newman students will need to notify Dr. Mary Baldridge email@example.com with their name, student ID#, and advisor's name in order for the results to be downloaded and assessed. Results for incoming freshmen will be collected by Admissions staff and provided to the appropriate advisor.